Government establishments primarily engaged in regulation, planning, protection and conservation of air and water resources; solid waste management; water and air pollution control and prevention; flood control; drainage development, and consumption of water resources; coordination of these activities at intergovernmental levels; research necessary for air pollution abatement and control and conservation of water resources. Water systems are classified in Transportation and Public Utilities, Industry 4941. Sewage and refuse systems and other sanitary services are classified in Transportation and Public Utilities, Industry Group 495. Irrigation systems are classified in Transportation and Public Utilities, Industry 4971.
- Environmental protection agencies-government
- Environmental quality and control agencies-government
- Pollution control agencies-government
- Sanitary engineering agencies-government
- Waste management program administration-government
- Water control and quality agencies-government