Government establishments primarily engaged in planning, administration, and coordination of programs for public assistance, social work, and welfare activities, such as old age assistance, child welfare, aid to families with dependent children, aid to the blind and disabled, medical assistance, human resource development, and related activities, but the operators of these programs are classified in Services, Major Group 83. Both the administration and operation of Social Security, disability benefits under OASDHI, Medicare, unemployment insurance, workman’s compensation, and social insurance programs for the aged, survivors, or disabled persons are classified here, but offices that administer veterans’programs are classified in Industry 9451. Local employment service offices are classified in Services, Industry 7361.
- Equal employment opportunity offices-government
- Medical assistance program administration-government
- Public welfare administration, nonoperating
- Unemployment insurance offices-government
- Women’s bureaus
- Workman’s compensation offices-government